We have a reputation to uphold… a biking reputation, that is!
Did you know that Chicago has a national reputation as one of the best large cities in the USA for bicycling? Our city has invested in bicycling in a lot of ways– including educating it’s citizens about the benefits of cycling. Let’s look at the facts!
- Over 200 miles of on-street, protected, shared bike lanes
- Countless miles of off-street paths
- The 18.5 mile-long Lakefront trail, skirting Lake Michigan
- Over 13,000 (!) bike racks
- Sheltered bike parking stations at a lot of CTA’s rail stations
So what does this mean for Chicagoans trying to get around the city? Well, it means it’s time to start biking more! Not only does riding a bike also mean zero emissions, but it is also a great way to get in shape. Check out the Divvy bike share program if you’re looking to rent a bike today.