Oil is extremely versatile and effective, not to mention cheaper and healthier than many beauty and health products in stores. Whether you try almond, jojoba, olive, coconut, grapeseed, or sesame oils, you will find that it does the following 7 jobs very well.
1. Makeup remover: The oils listed above help dissolve eye make-up. By using oil, you will avoid the hazardous chemicals added to commercial make-up removers.
2. Face-wash: Good oils helps dissolve bad oils without stripping the face of its natural oils. Oil can be used with a hot steaming washcloth to leave your face feeling clean and smooth.
3. Facial Moisturizer: Use coconut oil at the beginning of the day and your skin will appreciate it. The skin quickly absorbs it.
4. Body Moisturizer: Regular lotion is simply oil emulsified in water with some parabens, alcohol, and chemical emulsifiers added.
5. Body exfoliant: Mix one cup of oil with 1 cup salt (Epsom salt, fine salt, or coarse sea salt) and use during your shower.
6. Scent: Perfume is made from phthalates and synthetic chemicals. Instead, use oil for a natural signature scent.
7. Conditioner: Oil is a good occasional treatment for soft, revitalized hair. Rub oil into hair and let it soak in, then shampoo thoroughly.