The Tree Partnership Program aims to transform vacant land into tree-filled green spaces and engage communities in beautifying and caring for their environment.
How it works
Socially responsible businesses, community organizations, and individuals partner with us to sponsor large-scale tree plantings and neighborhood cleanup days. We focus our work near communities that are particularly susceptible to air and noise pollution, such as schools, hospitals, parks, and areas near major transit routes.
Why we do it
It’s simple – we love Chicago and want to invest in its future. In support of our mission and through our other initiatives, we have been contributing to urban greening for more than 27 years. Trees have many benefits that increase over time as the trees grow. They are critical to our natural infrastructure and to ensuring a beautiful, healthy, and sustainable city.
- Combat air and water pollution
- Remove carbon from the atmosphere and produce oxygen
- Absorb stormwater to prevent flooding
- Decrease the urban heat island effect
- Visibly enhance community
- Decrease cooling and heating costs
- Reduce neighborhood crime
By the numbers…
- One tree can absorb as much carbon in one year as a car produces while driving 26,000 miles
- Trees can increase property values as much as 10%
- A single tree can produce 250 pounds of oxygen per year – that’s enough for two people for the entire year
- Logo and photo inclusion in select Gateway Green marketing materials, including our website
- Inclusion in Gateway Green newsletter, current distribution to approximately 10,000 subscribers
- Inclusion in Gateway Green social media efforts, approximately 4,000+ followers
- Two VIP tickets to Gateway Green’s annual signature fundraising gala, Green Tie Ball
- Two buy-in and two spectator tickets to Gaming for Green Poker Tournament & Casino Night
- Alignment and association with our civic mission of greening and beautifying Chicago
- All sponsorships are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.