Get a jumpstart on holiday baking by using the overripe bananas crowding your freezer and kitchen instead of simply throwing them away. Here are five recipes for overripe bananas that would make great additions to a holiday dessert tray.
- Chocolate-Crusted Banana Blondies – A chocolate cookie crumb crust lines the bottom of these blondies made with bananas and walnuts.
- Banana Cookies – These are spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves making these cake-like cookies natural additions to a holiday dessert tray.
- Banana Bars with Butter-Rum Frosting – Topped with rum-flavored frosting and sprinkled with fresh grated nutmeg, these squares seem perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert tray.
- Salted Caramel Banana Macarons – Salted caramel anything is usually a big hit, and macarons are trendy right now. These light cookies are filled with a salted caramel banana filling.
- Dark Chocolate and Banana Truffles – A little candy added to the dessert tray never hurts. These truffles, made with simple ingredients, look very impressive and decadent.