Happy St. Patrick’s Day! This year think beyond shamrocks and leprechauns and try to green all aspects of your life! While we hope you strive to be environmentally friendly everyday, here are some easy tips you can do today to have a truly “green” holiday.
- Avoid driving and take public transit or bike all day instead! Saves money, gas, AND shows off your cool green gear to everyone.
- Be creative and refrain from purchasing disposable decorations for parties and outfits for the day by trying to either recycle old ones or using items you already have.
- Try being vegetarian or vegan for the day! Use the day as a challenge to try out tons of new locally grown and organic green veggies and fruits!
- If you just can’t go without the holiday staple of corned beef and cabbage, try to find organic or locally raised beef and accompany it with some locally grown organic cabbage! Make sure to bring your reusable shopping bags when you buy them for extra eco-points!
- Have a beer or two at a local brewery! Celebrate the holiday with your friends and neighbors, and support local businesses at the same time! Win-win situation.
- Don’t have any local breweries you can get to? No problem. Try purchasing these nationally available beers that are brewed using sustainable practices such as: Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, Brooklyn Brewery, and Great Lakes Brewing Company.
Most of all- Have a fun, safe, and green day!