Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!
Below is a list of favorite game day recipes from the Staff at Chicago Gateway Green:
“Garlic Cheese Bombs”
- 1 can of pre-made biscuits (10 pieces)
- 20 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2″ x 3/4″ x 3/4″) (approx. 4oz total)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Cut each biscuit in half and slightly roll out (don’t worry about it being round). Place a cheese cube in the middle and wrap the biscuit dough around the cube ensuring the edges are sealed. Roll in your hands to make a ball shape.
- Place butter & garlic in a small bowl and melt in the microwave about 12 seconds. In a separate bowl, combine parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Dip each rolled biscuit into the butter mixture and then into the cheese mixture. Please on a parchment lined pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or just until browned.
Recipe found at: http://www.spendwithpennies.com/garlic-cheese-bombs/
“Buffalo Chicken Dip”
- 1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or your favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-quart baking dish, except for chicken. Mix chicken in last to prevent it from falling apart too much. (I also added a handful of shredded chicken and more cheese to the top of the mixture to form a crust.)
- Bake 20 min. or until mixture is heated through. (I broiled the dip for another 5-7 minutes to brown the cheesy crust.)
- Serve warm with crackers, Tortilla chips, or vegetables.
“Mrs. Anderson’s Budget ‘Kid’ Chili”
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can of light red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 packet of chili seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and let simmer
- Add some Mesa flour to thicken it and cook all day